Volunteer Development Scotland (VDS) is an independent non-profit organisation leading the way in:
- informing and modernising approaches to volunteering policy in Scotland.
- enhancing practice and improving the quality of the volunteering experience for the people of Scotland.
In 2011, the VDS management team identified that the organisation needed to renew itself both organisationally and in the ways it engaged with its audiences.
ALCO consulting was appointed to assist VDS in this process, specifically for the elaboration of a new strategy and for the design of the transformational processes needed for its execution.
After one year this mission has contributed to the following results:
- The definition of a new overall strategy/mission/vision for VDS.
- The definition of a structure and mechanisms to manage its execution.
- The definition of a new company culture and people strategy.
- The definition of a new positioning, marketing and branding strategy.
- The definition of new business processes, services and tools to support efficiently the execution of the above.
ALCO can support your organisation’s transformational and strategic processes with a unique and proven approach:
- Overarching: Success does not so much depend on the quality of individual pieces of the strategy puzzle but on how well they fit together. Our role is to make sure all pieces contribute efficiently to the “big picture”.
- Integrative: What makes a strategy successful is how well it is tuned to the skills and expertise of the organisation. It follows logically that a strategy should not be imposed by outside gurus from off the shelf best practices, but rather designed as a natural extension, making the most. Our role is to facilitate this genesis with our clients by an iterative process. Eliciting, modelling and validating.
- Pragmatic: Success in a strategy is 5% design and 95% execution. There are too many ambitious strategy reports and uplifting vision statements that remain pipe dreams because they do not cater for execution.
Our approach is always to link our work concrete measures:
- Processes and Roles to handle governance and management.
- A detailed execution roadmap breaking down the journey into concrete,”SMART” steps.
For further information, contact: ALCO Consulting email@example.com